sunnuntai 29. maaliskuuta 2009

The mind-boggling trip.

When someone asks me about my travels, this one is always the first one to pop into mind. Those glorious two months around the world truly changed my life and broadened my views about life.


(the sunset in Twelve Apostles, Australia)

I and my friend, Katja, wandered through Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Los Angeles, Mexico and London. It was simply wonderful to get the flight tickets - there was loads of them! We counted that we sat on the flights for 52 hours overall. I'm not very fond of flying, as you know, but it was sooo worth of it. Singapore and Malaysia were nice experiences, LA + Mexico as well, but Australia and NZ totally stole my heart. People were so easy-going and happy that I became one as well. New Zealand was like a magical portal into another world, I could only gawp mouth wide open.


(Deer Park Heights, nearby Queenstown, NZ)

I'm not saying it was just dancing and laughing the whole long way around the world - we grew weary and snapped at each other. But it was just natural, having to look at each other's faces for two months ;) Occasionally I felt a little homesick, especially when my bf that time flew back home from Australia and I had to be without him for a month. Yet I remember this trip with great fondness and still see dreams about it, for I had a chance to really see the world: slums in Kuala Lumpur, pat a kangaroo in Australia, the Walk of Fame in LA, smell the strange scents of Tijuana, Mexico, and so on.


(a weary traveller on the way back to Melbourne from a friend's BBQ party in her family's farm)

In fact, I really long for another trip around the world, but different continents this time (Africa, South America). Well, I hear Cape Town calling... ;)

That's all for now, folks!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti