maanantai 30. maaliskuuta 2009

Londres, London, Lontoo.

London is one of my favourite cities. My grandparents loved it, too, and must've visited over there at least 20 times. I remember them saying there's always something new to find there, and I agree. I've been there myself, hmm.. more than ten times, I think. It's always great to have a chance to show my friends around there so they can understand why I love London so much, and I also have a chance to see this magnificent city with new eyes, when I'm with my friends. This week-long trip with Netta was especially an unforgettable one ;)


(an ancient greeting - British Museum)

I will never, ever forget that visit to the downstairs of Madame Tussaud's. There was a warning 'Live actors', but we didn't take much note on that. How stupid. Chamber of Horrors, it was called. Haha, easy-peasy, we thought and went down. It was quite dark and there was prison bars everywhere. A wax figure was standing on the corner, and we approached it.. suddenly it became alive and SCREAMED at our faces. Netta totally freaked out, clunging tightly into my arm, and I started laughing (almost hysterically, I think). We ran and hands were trying grab us through the prison bars. Finally we reached the end of the tunnel, and there was the last one of those so-called 'live actors'. He tried to scare me, but I screamed back. He flinched a little and smiled. :P


(O brother, where art thou? Trafalgar Square)

It was also quite a spectacle, when we were on way back to our hostel by tube, and Netta got her hand stuck between the tube doors. Luckily I was still standing outside and took her gigantic purse, in stitches. I think I looked quite stupid, being left outside and laughing really hard with tears flowing down my cheeks. But what if I hadn't been outside but inside? Poor Netta would've had to have held her bag outside the tube doors till the next stop. Some words have to be said about tube safety. :P


(Once a king or a queen in Narnia, always a king or queen in Narnia, they say. Hamley's, a grrrreat toy shop!)

London is always a great experience, were you alone or with family/friends. You never know who you'll bump into there (Netta, remember HIM? I think my heart still pauses a little when I think about HIM ;). So full of life and fascinating places to explore. I once walked by Thames for maybe five kilometres, in the morning, when sun was rising. It was so beautiful I just kept sighing happily and looking at Thames, the very heart of London.

Welcome to London, you who haven't been there yet - and take me with you! ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti